There are 5 types of membership:
- Full: A qualified teacher of speech and drama with State Degrees or Speech and Drama Diplomas from major Examining Boards. [Full Member Practising and Full Member Non-practising (formerly ‘Retired’)]
- Associate: Open to experienced teachers without formal teaching qualifications who are recommended by a Member of Council who has seen evidence of their work.
- Friend: Interested in, but not teaching, speech and/or drama.
- Corporate: Available to Schools, Colleges, Institutions and Business Enterprises
- Student: Applicants studying for one of the Full membership qualifications OR those holding Grade VIII certificate or its equivalent (eg: LAMDA Gold Medal in Verse and Prose). Students studying for an external Diploma should be sponsored by their tutor.
Overseas enquirers will be considered for all types of membership at reduced rates. FULL membership will be considered for those working in the field of speech and drama and with qualifications equivalent to those required in the UK.
Benefits of becoming an STSD Member
- Annual Summer Conference, with special members’ rates
- AGM day held in London every February, with Guest Speakers
- PD Days held in different parts of the country
- Regional meetings
- Free copies of the Journal Word Matters, published twice a year
- Free newsletter
- Fees Guidance for those teaching privately
- Advice on professional problems
- STSD Teacher Insurance Scheme
- Special Rates from the Hospital and Medical Care Association
- Discount at Samuel French’s and Nick Hern Books
For more details of the member benefits, please read more here…
Are you interested in joining The STSD?
Click here to navigate to the online Application Form.