The National Theatre has extended access to its collection for teachers
- Free access at home for UK state school students and teachers to the National Theatre Collection has been extended for the next academic year in partnership with Bloomsbury Publishing, giving students access to 30 high-quality productions with supporting educational resources. For more information and to sign up for access visit the NT website https://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/learning/national-theatre-collection
Encourage your students to write plays with help from The National Theatre. Students can write their own play with support from professional playwrights on the New Views playwriting programme, the NT’s annual playwriting programme and competition for 14-19-year olds. Shortlisted plays will be performed at the National Theatre in July 2021. Applications are open until early October and more information can be found here https://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/learning/primary/lets-play
Create an extraordinary school play with the National Theatre
What is Let’s Play?
- Let’s Play provides primary schools with everything you need to make an outstanding piece of theatre.
Why take part in Let’s Play?
- An impressive and entertaining school play that everyone will be proud of.
- Pupils gain confidence and team working skills.
- Teachers learn how to stage high-quality school productions.
- Teachers develop their understanding of creative learning, and how to apply those skills in their classrooms.
National Theatre Help for Teachers